Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

What is LAG interfaces used for on 6300 Switches

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  What is LAG interfaces used for on 6300 Switches

Posted 22 days ago
    Hello Sirs,
    Hope you are all very well and keeping safe.
    Please what is the LAG used for on the above switches. What I know is it is an etherchannel in Cisco equipment. However, I found this on the above switch interface but the other end connecting to a Cisco ASA firewall did not have any etherchannel configured.

We removed the LAG12 on the interface of the 6300 and lost connectivity. 

Can anyone help me understand what this is for.
    Thanks

--
    Stay Blessed
    WhatsApp:+233505093050
    +233559449484

• 2.  RE: What is LAG interfaces used for on 6300 Switches

Posted 22 days ago
    Etherchannel is Cisco proprietary.
    Ethernet link aggregation bundles multiple physical Ethernet links into one logical link, called a link aggregation group (LAG).
    You can read more about it here
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-CX/10.08/HTML/link_aggregation/Content/Chp_LAG/lag-ove-10.htm

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: What is LAG interfaces used for on 6300 Switches

Posted 22 days ago

Well done sir, this explains it all for me.
    In other words LAG configuration on switch A will be on switch B as well right?
    Thanks
    --
    Stay Blessed
    WhatsApp:+233505093050
    +233559449484

• 4.  RE: What is LAG interfaces used for on 6300 Switches

Posted 21 days ago
    Hello Danny,

"In other words LAG configuration on switch A will be on switch B as well right?"

It doesn't "will", it does "shall": a LAG on a Peer A requires another characteristics-matching LAG on the Peer B otherwise the aggregated interfaces will not work as you expect.

Davide Poletto