Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS-CX Console logging messages

This thread has been viewed 38 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS-CX Console logging messages

Posted Jul 06, 2021 07:56 AM
    Hi,

Testing the ArubaOS-CX vm image.

I am seeing a strange behavior. 

For example, when I shut/no shut on an interface; I do not see any logging in the console. The logs are only shown in - show logging.

Is there any way to show logs of different events directly on the console like all the other network vendors or it is a limitation of VM image?

Regards

------------------------------
    Ashraful Matin

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS-CX Console logging messages

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2021 10:16 AM
    Hi, 

The terminal-monitor feature which displays log messages in your session was introduced in 10.05.x release. That means you need to make sure that your ArubaOS-CX ova is version 10.05 or higher. Another limitation of this feature is that it only displays messages in an SSH session. Consequently messages will not be displayed in the console. This is a general limitation for all the platforms.
    So you need to configure IP address on an interface of the simulator, enable SSH in the respective VRF and enable terminal-monitor (it is not enabled by default). After that you can open SSH to the VM image and check if you can see the messages. For reference chapter 15, page 133, Diagnostics and Supportability Guide.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-CX/10.07/PDF/5200-7847.pdf

Emil Gogushev