Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Automatic backup of Aruba-CX switches.

This thread has been viewed 64 times
  • 1.  Automatic backup of Aruba-CX switches.

Posted Jun 29, 2021 01:49 PM
    We currently have a scheduled job on our comware switches to save the running configuration and then backup up the staring configuration to a tftp server.

#scheduler job BackupConfiguration
      command 1 save safely force
      command 2 tftp 10.3.9.93 put startup.cfg GDS-MDF-5510.cfg
    #scheduler schedule BackupSchedule
      user-role network-admin
      job BackupConfiguration
      time repeating at 23:55 week-day Sun

We would like to do the same thing o our CX switches, but I've been unable to find similar commands in the the CLI guide.

Can someone point me to the right way to do this?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Dave Harrold

• 2.  RE: Automatic backup of Aruba-CX switches.

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 29, 2021 03:51 PM
    it is not possible with CX

you can look to use a NAE script for this... (but when a configuration change is make...)

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCL: Powershell Module to use Aruba Central

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281

• 3.  RE: Automatic backup of Aruba-CX switches.

Posted Jun 29, 2021 03:55 PM
    I use Ansible to make backups of the CX switches. 
    I created a playbook to copy the configuration and the playbook is run by a cronjob.

Best regards,
    Rob

Disclaimer: Dit e-mail bericht is alleen bestemd voor de geadresseerde, verstrekking aan en gebruik door anderen is niet toegestaan.
    Indien u niet de geadresseerde bent, wordt u vriendelijk verzocht de verzender hiervan op de hoogte te stellen en het bericht te verwijderen.
    In verband met de elektronische verzending kunnen aan de inhoud van dit bericht geen rechten worden ontleend.

Disclaimer: The information contained in this communication is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
    Use of this communication by others is prohibited. If the email message was sent to you by mistake, please destroy it without reading, using, copying or disclosing its contents to any other person.
    We accept no liability for damage related to data and/or documents which are communicated by email.

• 4.  RE: Automatic backup of Aruba-CX switches.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2021 03:37 AM
    Just to add:
    On AOS-CX there is an automatic checkpoint update if the configuration has changed and not saved for the last 5 minutes.
    Consequently, you can automatically tracked and recover changes made on configuration from SSD locally stored checkpoints.

In addition, NetEdit collects these configuration on a regular basis.

As Alexis mentioned, NAE is also an alternative.

Vincent Giles

• 5.  RE: Automatic backup of Aruba-CX switches.

Posted Apr 24, 2023 08:23 AM

I know this is an old thread, but...
    Has anyone come up with a way to automate ArubaCX switch backups? 
    The native Job command does not support copy so is there another way?  PowerShell? SNMP?
    Thanks in advance...
    Steve

• 6.  RE: Automatic backup of Aruba-CX switches.

Posted Apr 25, 2023 03:37 AM

Hello Steven,
    we have Aruba CX6000  Version 10.11.1010 and there was no problem to schedule backup of running-config:

Enter configure
    Define with command job your basic Job with commandline 

With command schedule <Jobname> you could define your schedule

Hope this will get you in touch with Job Schedulin ;)

• 7.  RE: Automatic backup of Aruba-CX switches.

Posted Apr 27, 2023 11:14 AM

Thanks - even though the documentation I could find indicated that the copy command would not work

on 6200 series Version : ML.10.07.0030 - I tried it anyway.  Lo and behold it worked.
    on 6000 series Version : PL.10.10.1010 - still no go - will check for newer firmware
    Thanks,
    Steve