Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

VSX Protocol configuration on HP Aruba 8360

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  VSX Protocol configuration on HP Aruba 8360

Posted Jun 11, 2021 05:07 PM
    Hi there

I have two HP Aruba-8360 and I configured VSX on both. As you can see in the topology diagram one is primary and other one is secondary. 
    image.png

On Primary I have Multiple VLANs, Interface vlans and DHCP Pool for corresponding vlans. And on secondary using " VSX-SYNC '' I got vlans on my secondary switch but was unable to get SVI for corresponding vlans. 
    My question is :
    Is it essential that we have different ip addresses in SVI on both primary and secondary?. Like for example I have 

On Primary HP Aruba-8360

interface vlan 5
        vsx-sync active-gateways
        description BMS
        ip address 172.22.x.x/24
        active-gateway ip mac 00:00:00:00:00:05
        active-gateway ip 172.22.x.x
    interface vlan 6
        vsx-sync active-gateways
        description Metering
        ip address 172.22.x.x/24
        active-gateway ip mac 00:00:00:00:00:06
        active-gateway ip 172.22.x.x

So On Secondary HP Aruba-8360

Should I have different ip address for interface vlan 5 and 6. I know we can keep the active-gateway the same on both switches but I'm not sure about IP Address for SVI. 

And how I can sync primary interface vlan 5 and 6 on secondary switch using VSX Protocol in HP-Aruba 8360. 

The content of this email is considered privileged. If you are not its intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies immediately.

• 2.  RE: VSX Protocol configuration on HP Aruba 8360

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 11, 2021 07:47 PM
    the interface vlan IP addresses will be unique to each VSX switch with a common Active gateway IP/mac  addr

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.
    ------------------------------