Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS-CX_6400-6300 & snmptraps

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS-CX_6400-6300 & snmptraps

Posted Jan 07, 2021 10:56 AM
    we configured snmptrap on a 6405 switch, but no linkDown (1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5.3) and linkUp (1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5.4) traps are sent to the trap receiver.

The switch does send traps, for example arubaWiredMgmdRmonTrapEvent (.1.3.6.1.4.1.47196.4.1.1.3.4.1.1) and entConfigChange (.1.3.6.1.2.1.47.2.0.1) events are sent to the trap receiver

Do we need to configure something extra on the AOS-CX switches for linkDown/linkUp (and other) traps?

Thanx in advance

------------------------------
    Tonny Lankveld

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS-CX_6400-6300 & snmptraps

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2021 12:30 AM
    To my knowledge, link up/down traps a currently not supported. Feel free to contact your Aruba contact to talk about future considerations on this one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Florian Baaske
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.
    Also visit the AirHeads Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFJCnuXFGfEbwEzfcgU_ERQ
    Feel free to visit my personal Blog
    https://www.flomain.de