Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

WC 16.11.3 - not authorised to run this command

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  WC 16.11.3 - not authorised to run this command

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 07, 2022 09:31 AM
    Hi
    Found something strange sincew i moved my 2930 switches to the 16.11 branch.

Switches configured to auth against tacacs via clearpass

clearpass 6.10.2
    switch WC.16.13.03

I normally log on to my switches and jsut leave a console logged on. Using 16.10, could be connected for days and things still worked. With 16.11, although command prompt is there, now when ever i try executing a copmmand, I get a "not authorised to run this command" message.
    Logging out and back in and everything is o.k. again, but config hasnt changed and never did trhis before. Granted something is timing out but what ?

Rgds
    Alex

------------------------------
    Alex Sharaz

• 2.  RE: WC 16.11.3 - not authorised to run this command

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 07, 2022 11:55 AM
    Is the switch also configured to perform command authorization via TACACS in addition to access control?

Do you see anything TACACS accounting on the ClearPass side?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.