Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

2530s with 2 SFP+ end of support

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  2530s with 2 SFP+ end of support

Posted Mar 24, 2021 05:35 PM
    I know these 2530s with 10gig uplinks have been end of sale since 2017 but I also noticed end of support date as 1/30/2022.
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/support/EOS_2530-Switches-with-10G-Uplink.pdf

I don't see an end of sale/support for the other 2530 models.
    Will these models still get FW updates?
    Will they be replaced with a comparable 2540 if broken?

------------------------------
    Evan Ziemann

• 2.  RE: 2530s with 2 SFP+ end of support

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 24, 2021 07:16 PM
    Hello Evan,

with regard to your two questions:

1. Will these models (Aruba 2530) still get FW updates? Yes they will (at least until they will reach the - not yet announced - EoS+5Y time limit IIRC).
    2. Will they be replaced with a comparable 2540 if broken? I personally don't know what SKU will be used as replacement ONCE they will enter the EoS phase (probably other Aruba 2530, if they will still available)
    Consider that Aruba planned Customers migrations from ArubaOS-Switch based Aruba 25x0 "low end" models (2530/2540) to the newer ArubaOS-CX based 6100 Switch Series.

Davide Poletto