Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution

Aruba Switch QoS Implementation Questions

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Aruba Switch QoS Implementation Questions

Posted Sep 30, 2021 05:40 PM
    I was reviewing some of the configuration for 10.07. The configuration guide kind of helpped and I put some stuff together. Wanted to get some input.

I am trying to do QoS for our video conferencing software and the vendor advised me that I need to QoS tcp/udp port 41552 and AF41. All our users will be using this so it needs to be deployed across VMs.

class ip QoS_in_ZVideo
    10 match udp any any eq 41552
    20 match tcp any any eq 41552

policy Policy_ZVideo
    10 class ip QoS_in_ZVideo action dscp AF41

qos trust dscp ### Question 2
    qos dscp-map 34 local-priority 7 color red name Zvideo_Priority_7

vlan 320 ### Question 1
    apply policy Policy_ZVideo routed-in ### Question 1

vlan 330 ### Question 1
    apply policy Policy_ZVideo routed-in ### Question 1

interface 1/1/1
    qos trust dscp ### Question 2
    apply policy Policy_ZVideo routed-in ### Question 3
    apply policy Policy_ZVideo in # Question 3

Question 1: Can I just apply it on the VLAN if I don't want to target all physical interfaces? We use different VLANs for different departments. Does it hurt to apply the policy on both the VLAN and interface? If not, which one is recommended?
    Question 2: Since I enabled qos trust dscp on the global level, do I need to enable it on the interfaces?
    Question 3: There is a apply policy routed-in and apply policy in command. What is the difference between the two?

------------------------------
    Eugene Grutman
    ------------------------------