Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2530 switch and Alcatel-Lucent IP Phones

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2530 switch and Alcatel-Lucent IP Phones

Posted Apr 07, 2021 12:45 PM
    Hi guys!

We have an Alcatel-Lucent IP phone system (ugh!) hooked to our Aruba switches. Currently, they're set to Voice VLAN 2 and Data VLAN 1. This works fine.

However, we need to change Data VLAN to 3. I cannot figure out how to make this work.

I've set tagged VLAN to 2 and untagged VLAN to 3. The phone powers up and registers fine with the IP phone system on VLAN 2. It works fine. However, any PC plugged to the phone's LAN port doesn't work - the computer sends packets but never receives any in return.

If I plug the PC directly to the switchport, then it is placed on VLAN 3 and works perfectly fine.

What gives? I am at my wits end.

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Ryan Sim

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2530 switch and Alcatel-Lucent IP Phones

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 08, 2021 04:17 AM
    I would not understand why this would not work. I would do some logging on the switch, and capture of packets to see on the client if you can see traffic coming from the network, and on the switch, if you can see it going to the phone. But technically having VLAN1 untagged, or VLAN3 untagged would be equivalent.

You may reach out to your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC support to perform the above actions if you don't know where to start.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.