Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Switch Upgrade

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Aruba Switch Upgrade

Posted Oct 15, 2021 06:55 AM
    Hi, i have several question regarding aruba switch upgrade:
    1. I would like to upgrade the switch from 16.07 and 16.05 to 16.11, is there any specific upgrade path or can i do it directly?
    2. When i upgrade via airwave, can 1 stack of switch be upgraded simultaneously?
    3. Is there any way to backup the flash of the switch from airwave? or is configuration file backup enough?

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Aria Adhiguna

• 2.  RE: Aruba Switch Upgrade

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 15, 2021 09:18 AM
    Hi Aria,

(1) Go directly to 16.11 from 16.07/16.05 (just check BootROM on 16.11 RN to understand if it was updated since 16.07/16.05 builds you're planning to upgrade from).
    (2) a VSF stack reboots its members concurrently so - Airwave or not - I don't exactly understand your question/doubt.
    (3) via CLI you can do both things, I don't know Airwave but I believe it is sufficiently developed to permit you to backup at least the running configuration (and probably the SWI too), check with Airwave experts or searching about management features of latest Airwave.

Davide Poletto