Hey guys -
Where are we with role based auth/tacacs+ access? Have not see anything recent regarding this important missing feature.
Additionally, what's the deal with editing the config on multiple interfaces at a time? I have a couple of 3 switch VRF stacks and while I really want to use NetEdit, I don't even bother when I have work to do on those. (I can imagine if there were a 6400 or 8400 with a full complement of ports, that would be torturous). I mean, I tried, but it's not.. it's a no for me.
In the CLI, I canconf tint 1/1/1-1/1/52mtu 9128endin NetEdit, we'll, you know - I just type mtu 9128, but I do it 52 times. Or 156 on the stacks.
And one more thing - when multiple switches are being edited, there has got to be a better way to apply the line to the 1 switch that doesn't have it.for example- 6 switches in edit config - 1 switch is a recent addition, so it doesn't have the aaa authentication lines.
That's easy to see that 5/6 of the switches has that line - why can't I just click that and have a bullet or radio button to apply to all, or if there are 4/6 with the config, apply to 1,2,3,4,6? The point of NE is click and done, but there are several not so clickables still there
I find myself typing out the lines of config if they are short because the copy doesn't always work and paste sometimes does some illegal line or something.
Thoughts? Others with similar issues? Am I just missing something?
I should probably make a new post, but this still falls under the needs improvement heading for net edit..
I've added a switch, but it's not completing. It still looks like it is processing (orange circle spinning round and round):
This is going on a week ..
The plan shows the device success:
But the log... did you all know there's a log at the bottom when you click the device ip?? Mine showed up there as a very tiny sliver that was not obvious. Anyway for this switch, the log says, no man – it's already here..
Layout issues still – why do the columns default to crazy sized? User "system" and Category "DEVICE" take up a significantly larger portion than they need to. I know the first 4 are sized equally, but I have the same problem in the devices view (which I have mentioned before).
Under plans, there's a listing for the switch I added using the discover devices. I didn't realize that the discover devices button generates a plan entry:Aside ASIDE:(Naming of the plans needs to be more apparent – I have tons of Device import entries, and Configuration change request, and.. well.. just take a look)
I know I can click them and rename them, but when creating the plan initially, and when I'm a new user to the platform, it is not clear that I should name the plan.
Finally, a tip: in the discover devices popup - It isn't apparent, but you don't need to enter anything at the top section add a device, only the seed addresses. Just found out that this works like that.If you already have the password set for the subnet, then you can just add seeds.
At Aruba, we believe that the most dynamic customer experiences happen at the Edge. Our mission is to deliver innovative solutions that harness data at the Edge to drive powerful business outcomes.
© Copyright 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LPAll Rights Reserved.