Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Instant ON 1930 JL680A Generic SFP

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Aruba Instant ON 1930 JL680A Generic SFP

Posted May 13, 2021 10:49 AM
    Does the Aruba Instant on 1930 JL680A support Generic SFP Transceivers

Sales support does not have an answer

Thanks

Update: I had purchased an Aruba 2930f and I was able to download software updates without a support contract; recently they changed that and made it so you cannot download software updates unless you have a support contract. I gave up on hp / aruba and cancelled an order for 1000+ switches. 

Time to find a new vendor

------------------------------
    Husam Zadain

• 2.  RE: Aruba Instant ON 1930 JL680A Generic SFP

MVP GURU
    Posted May 13, 2021 04:22 PM
    Hello @HZ34

I believe it doesn't...in the sense they are not "supported" simply because any 3rd Party Transceiver is not an original HPE/Aruba option (this doesn't mean that they could work flawlessly...there is no guarantee and no support if something goes bad). Aruba 1930 hasn't the CLI and it doesn't provide a "allow unsupported transceivers" command as on ArubaOS-Switch based switch series...so at best you would just try with one (pick it up and try).

Have a read here (interesting) and, anyway, keep an eye open on the Aruba Instant On 1930 Switch Series QuickSpecs (see below):

Davide Poletto

• 3.  RE: Aruba Instant ON 1930 JL680A Generic SFP

Posted May 14, 2021 02:33 AM
    You can get coded optics from fs.com that work just fine at least on 2530/2930/6300/6400 even without the unsupported-transceivers command. We only use those.