Wired

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

Changing the Member ID of switches in a VSF stack

• 1.  Changing the Member ID of switches in a VSF stack

Posted Jan 14, 2021 07:34 PM
    I'd like to know if there is a command or easy way to reorder the member ID numbers of a VSF stack? For example, I have three 2930F switches, A, B and C in a stack as follows:

ID 1 - Switch A
    ID 2 - Switch B
    ID 3 - Switch C

I'd like to move Switch C to member ID 1, so that the stack looks like the following

ID 1 - Switch C
    ID 2 - Switch B
    ID 3 - Switch A

I'm not concerned with which switch is the commander, if the role changes, or if there is downtime involved.

• 2.  RE: Changing the Member ID of switches in a VSF stack

Posted Jan 14, 2021 07:48 PM
    Hi! have a look at Aruba Backplane Stacking and VSF Best Practice Guide or Aruba Management and Configuration Guide for your switch series (note: I assume you're referring to VSF deployment on ArubaOS-Switch based switch series but those suggested guides can be found also for ArubaOS-CX based switch series VSF deployments): renumbering VSF Member Id is a disruptive process (remove -> rejoin with new Id).

• 3.  RE: Changing the Member ID of switches in a VSF stack

Posted Jan 14, 2021 07:53 PM
    Hi thanks for the quick response.
    I'll check those guides but I think you answered my question when you said "renumbering VSF Member Id is a disruptive process (remove -> rejoin with new Id)" as I know how to remove and rejoin switches. That is what I was planning to try but was just checking if there was a more efficient way to achieve the same thing.