Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

[NetEdit] Server dependencies

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  [NetEdit] Server dependencies

MVP
    Posted Mar 15, 2021 11:48 AM
    Hey everyone,
    We just got a bunch of CX switches and with it we also purchased NetEdit.
    I setup the ova and I noticed it seems to be standard Debian 9 with root access.
    Has anyone tried to upgrade it to Debian 10(/11 for those living on the edge)? I assume the application is probably not very dependent on a lot of things in Debian 9 and I get an uncontrollable itch every time I log in to the machine or remember I have such a severely outdated machine on my network (an appliance should either hide it properly or be up to date).
    Thanks!

------------------------------
    Keeper of the Keys

• 2.  RE: [NetEdit] Server dependencies

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 05, 2021 09:58 PM
    most likely the underlying OS will be upgraded with the next release.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: [NetEdit] Server dependencies

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 06, 2021 01:33 AM
    you can always use run "sudo apt update" and "sudo apt upgrade" to update the debian pkgs and os.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 4.  RE: [NetEdit] Server dependencies

MVP
    Posted Apr 28, 2021 08:29 AM
    I have done that and stuff seems to still work though we are also not really using netedit to its' fullest yet so maybe we'll discover I broke things by doing that in the future :X

Keeper of the Keys