Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS-CX 6300 with ClearPass DUR with "vlan-name"?

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  AOS-CX 6300 with ClearPass DUR with "vlan-name"?

Posted Jan 03, 2021 10:57 PM
    Hi all, 
    I'm new to Aruba in general but we are pushing ahead with a large deployment of CX-line switches and a fresh deployment of ClearPass.  Goal is to get to colorless port functionality working mostly everywhere. 

I am currently doing some test configs on CPPM v6.8.8.120770. 
    My switch looks like it is running v. FL.10.04.2000  (ArubaOS-CX)
    Goal is wired 802.1X Authentication and colorless port configuration via DUR (Downloadable User Roles) 

I'm looking for ability to do a "vlan-name" command or equivalent for DUR on CX.    I see examples of this for AOS, but I don't see the command for CX..   This would be hugely helpful in our large environment with varied vlan schemes.  Any ideas or pointers for examples or documentation?   

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Matt

• 2.  RE: AOS-CX 6300 with ClearPass DUR with "vlan-name"?

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 04, 2021 04:24 AM
    Hi Matt,

I think, you need to upgrade the CPPM to last release (6.9.4), i have a Access VLAN Name on DUR for ArubaCX

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281

• 3.  RE: AOS-CX 6300 with ClearPass DUR with "vlan-name"?

Posted Jan 15, 2021 08:50 AM
    Hi alagoutte,  I did upgrade to latest CPPM (6.9.4) and the latest CX switch OS as well and the features are there and working.  Thanks!!

Matt

• 4.  RE: AOS-CX 6300 with ClearPass DUR with "vlan-name"?

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 17, 2021 08:27 AM
    Thanks for feedback !

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281