Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

EEE on ArubaOS-CX - where?

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  EEE on ArubaOS-CX - where?

Posted Jun 03, 2021 02:41 PM
    I saw in the release notes for 10.06 that Energy Efficient Ethernet was supported, however there don't seem to be any commands on our 6300M switches to configure it, nor are there commands in 10.07.0005.

I found some instructions online pertaining to the 6200 series (the 10.07 Fundamentals Guide) and these state I should be able to put the command "energy-efficient-ethernet" against any interfaces requiring it, but our 6300M switches don't recognise the command at all.

The switches are all 48-port 6300M, model JL659A. Other vendors support EEE on multigigabit ports so there shouldn't be a clash between the standards.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I'm going wrong?

------------------------------
    Martin Pritchard

• 2.  RE: EEE on ArubaOS-CX - where?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2021 04:24 PM
    EEE is excluded on ports  that are also smart rate capable  so this includes your JL659A
    EEE is only supported on 10/100/1000 copper ports  on 6100, 6200 , 6300 and 6400 line card modules.

Kamal Takodra
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: EEE on ArubaOS-CX - where?

Posted Jun 04, 2021 05:50 AM

Ah, that's a shame.

I've just updated firmware on a 2930M (JL323A) and that has EEE but like you said, only on the 10/100/1000 ports.  At least it recognises the command and tells you why it can't run.  I'd sort of expect it on the JL323A though, as it can't do cable diagnostics on its 10GbE ports either.

Other vendors have added EEE to mGig ports in newer software releases so hopefully it's something that's in the pipeline.

Martin Pritchard