Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

[VSX] Possible between 8320 and 8360?

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  [VSX] Possible between 8320 and 8360?

MVP
    Posted Nov 16, 2020 05:00 AM
    Aruba recently released the 8360 series which finally features airflow directions.

We already have a single 8320 and I would like to double it into a vsx cluster to remove the single failure it represents *but* I really don't want add another 8320 with it's wrong airflow (or mount on the wrong side of the cabinet), which leads me to my question - could I partner a 48p 10GbE 8320+6p 40GbE with a 48p 10GbE 8360+4p 100GbE?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Keeper of the Keys

• 2.  RE: [VSX] Possible between 8320 and 8360?

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 16, 2020 05:10 AM
    AFAIK you can't "partner" two models belonging to different Aruba CX switch series to form a VSX:

• VSX made of Aruba 8320 and Aruba 8360 <- NO
    • VSX made of Aruba 8320 and Aruba 8320 <- Yes
    • VSX made of Aruba 8360 and Aruba 8360 <- Yes
    P.S. As you, I'm dealing with the same "fan flow issue": our Aruba 8320 VSX suffered since beginning of admitting only the "red" Front-to-Power flow direction (unfortunately I can't reverse the entire VSX installation); we made the error (there aren't issue on the working temperatures, luckily) but we never being able to repair by simply purchasing a different "blue" Power-to-Front set of PS units and Fans kits because it was never released (and I have written about it extensively, as you already know: see here).

Davide Poletto