Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Announcing the Aruba CX 6100 Switch Series!

This thread has been viewed 39 times
  • 1.  Announcing the Aruba CX 6100 Switch Series!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 07, 2021 01:06 PM
    Greetings!

We are proud to (officially) announce the new Aruba CX 6100 Switch Series, the latest addition to our access switch portfolio. The CX 6100 is an entry-level Layer 2 switch family that is optimized for enterprise branch and SMB networks, providing simple and secure deployment with the reliability and flexibility of the AOS-CX network operating system.

The CX 6100 Switch Series provides a robust Layer 2 feature set with support for ACLs, QoS, static routing, configuration management via NetEdit, and programmability with REST APIs, built on Aruba's ASIC architecture.

The CX 6100 family consists of five models with 10/100/1000Base-T ports and 10G SFP+ uplinks, including a fanless 12-port model for deployments in quiet areas.

For more information, visit the Aruba CX 6100 Switch Series homepage, and documentation will be provided on the Aruba Support Portal soon.

------------------------------
    Matt Fern
    Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer, Aruba Switching
    Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company

• 2.  RE: Announcing the Aruba CX 6100 Switch Series!

Posted Jan 12, 2021 05:45 PM
    Any updates on EoL for 2530/2930? Now that Aruba has 6100 and 6200 CX switches I guess this will happen soon?

• 3.  RE: Announcing the Aruba CX 6100 Switch Series!

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 12, 2021 06:41 PM
    "Any updates on EoL for 2530/2930?"

No, why you want them declared EoL?

"Now that Aruba has 6100 and 6200 CX switches I guess this will happen soon?"

IMHO not necessarily (and, personally, I hope it will happen not too soon).

Davide Poletto

• 4.  RE: Announcing the Aruba CX 6100 Switch Series!

Posted Jan 12, 2021 06:56 PM

I'm sure there will be EoL's happening for "Procurve switches" before summer. Probably not that big of an issue as there will be years of support anyways for the switches.

As pricing should also be comparable between 2530 and 6100, 2930 and 6200 and so on there is very little reason for Aruba to keep the two different switch families. And for me they are really similar, 6100/6200 CX switches don't really bring anything to the table that 2530/2930 wouldn't be able to do.