Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Remove vlan from port

This thread has been viewed 43 times
  • 1.  Remove vlan from port

Posted Sep 16, 2021 10:54 PM
    Hi,

Our switches were configured by someone else and with everything going I haven't had the chance to work and learn the Aruba switches the way I wanted to. Now, I need to go in to a couple  ports and remove a vlan from them and I'm not real sure how to. I believe I would do the following, but just want to make sure I have it correct. So say port 2/38 is tagged on vlan 10 and untagged on vlan 1. I would switch to config mode then enter the commands below to untag port 2/38 in vlan 1

vlan 1
    untag interface 2/38
    write mem

Thank you for your help

------------------------------
    Matt Gross

• 2.  RE: Remove vlan from port
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 17, 2021 03:50 AM
    Hi Matt,

Yes to remove a port from a VLAN (or to remove a VLAN from a port, it's the same...just the PoV changes and the commands consequently change too since the focus changes with the PoV) you can use two different approaches with the same results.

I encourage you to first check the VLAN membership of the given port (and repeat the very same command after the re-configuration to see result):

show vlan ports ethernet 2/38 detail

Method 1 (remove - add is the same just pay attention to remove the "no" at beginning - the VLAN from a port from inside the VLAN x configuration context or from outside that context):

vlan 1
    no untagged ethernet interface 2/38
    write memory
    exit

from the general configuration context:

no vlan 2099 untagged ethernet 2/38

Method 2 (remove - add is the same - the port from the VLAN from the interface context or outside that context):

interface ethernet 2/38
    no untagged vlan 1
    write memory
    exit
    from the general configuration context:

no interface ethernet 2/38 untagged vlan 1

Davide Poletto

• 3.  RE: Remove vlan from port

Posted Sep 17, 2021 11:37 PM
    Thank you so much. Appreciate your help.and detailed info.

Matt Gross