Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Setting default gateway on S2500

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Setting default gateway on S2500

Posted Jun 03, 2021 10:50 AM
    I have re-set an S2500 MAS to factory default and begun configuring it from scratch. I'm having difficulty setting the default gateway. I have set the controller IP to be loopback 0, per recommendation in documentation, and assigned IP address 10.10.80.5 to this interface. So this address is the IP of loopback 0 and is the 'switch IP' , per the show switch IP command.

I know would like to assign an IP address to VLAN 800 and have that act as the default gateway. I have configured a DHCP pool of 10.10.80.0/24, excluding 10.10.80.1 - 10.10.80.100. I set the default router for this pool as 10.10.80.1, which I would like to use as the IP address of VLAN 800. 

When I try to set this IP on VLAN 800, I get an IP address conflict error; however, if I try to change the IP of VLAN 800 to something else, like 10.10.80.6, I still get the conflict error.

This switch is be a standalone disaster recovery network switch. I haven't seen this kind of difficulty with our regular production MASs. They are running OSPF, this one is not. Is that part of the issue? Or am I missing something more basic?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Jon Koelker

• 2.  RE: Setting default gateway on S2500

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2021 05:41 AM
    You can't have IPs from the same subnet on different (vlan) interfaces. Make sure your loopback interface has a different IP range than your VLAN 800. Not sure about what documentation you followed though... please compare the IPs on loopback and the VLANs on your other switches, I bet they are in different ranges.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.