Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

HPE OfficeConnect 1950-48G Link Aggregation to Aruba

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  HPE OfficeConnect 1950-48G Link Aggregation to Aruba

Posted Jan 16, 2022 02:10 PM
    Hi,
    I'm trying to set up a LACP link between our 1950 (7.1.045) and a Arista 7050QX-32_32S (EOS 4.18).  This is non VLAN setup (fully untagged) and the ports I'm using are the SFP+ ports.

If I connect one connection between the 2 switches everything works as expected.

I then create an aggregation group for a single port. When I create it only Bridge Aggregation is available to select.  This is done with the port disconnected otherwise the GUI session locks up (storm?) and I have to reboot to recover.   I set up a corresponding port on the Arista in LACP active and connect the 2.
    The HP shows the port as active but the created aggregation group is not.  The Arista says the partner is not in sync.  I tried changing it to Trunk to no effect.  

I set up a LACP connection between the Arista and a Mikrotik w/o issue so I'm doing the write commands on the Arista, though maybe the 1950 is special in some way.

Any ideas?

------------------------------
    Dennis Thornton

• 2.  RE: HPE OfficeConnect 1950-48G Link Aggregation to Aruba

Posted Jan 17, 2022 01:46 AM
    Hi Dennis

to me there seem to be multiple problems.

First of all "partner not in sync" is a hint that LACP cannot exchange data units with the other device. As a result the link will not come up. Did you make sure you set "dynamic" mode in the bridge aggregation config on the 1950 switch? There is also static trunking available, for this you have to change the Arista side as well. However, I would try to be the LACP way if possible.

The second thing is "Trunk" on the HPE switch means only tagged VLANs. So you have to either change it on the Arista side as well ("switchport mode trunk; switchport trunk allowed vlan ....") or use "Access" or "Hybrid" (not recommended) mode.

Maybe you could share your configuration with us, so we can have a look?

Best,
    Thomas

Thomas Siegenthaler