Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba AOS-CX – RADIUS Authentication with Microsoft NPS

This thread has been viewed 88 times
  • 1.  Aruba AOS-CX – RADIUS Authentication with Microsoft NPS

Posted Oct 17, 2021 04:02 PM

Aruba AOS-CX – RADIUS Authentication with Microsoft NPS

I have a requirement to use Microsoft NPS in Server 2019 for RADIUS management authentication with AOS-CX.  I have been having trouble finding updated documentation on configuring NPS to work with Aruba AOS-CX.

I presently have the Microsoft NPS configured and working properly with our Aruba Controllers (and for other vendors) and everything is working fine.  I largely used this material (https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=10129) as a reference when I initially configured NPS to work with Aruba OS for the controllers. Unfortunately, nothing equivalent exists for NPS configuration for AOS-CX.

What I would like to find out is what's the exact config in NPS's VSA configuration I should use in order to have the Network Policy for AOS-CX authenticate with a privilege level of 1 and 15 respectively.  What vendor code should I use for AOS-CX (I know for Aruba controllers is 14823)?  I would also need to know what the vendor assigned attribute number is, format, and Attribute Value. See below screen shot of the Vendor Specific Attribute Information & Configure VSA.  This is what I am referring to for the information I need to so I can fill these parts out correctly.  There may be multiple VSA's and/or other RADIUS Standard Attributes I need - I am just not sure though.

Config VSA

Any help or assistance that can be offered for the proper configuration of Microsoft NPS for AOS-CX would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

------------------------------
    Administrator Eronetix

• 2.  RE: Aruba AOS-CX – RADIUS Authentication with Microsoft NPS

Posted Oct 19, 2021 07:50 PM
    Howdy,

The AOS-CX Vendor code is 14823 just like the controllers.

To apply privilege levels to authenticated users, you'll need to define the following VSA in NPS:

Attribute              Format           Value
    Aruba-Priv-Admin-User  Integer          3

Now in your NPS Policy, you can pass back the Privilege level (eg: 1 or 15) in this VSA based on the user's role.

Ben Dale