Wired

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

2930 F/M VCF Link's and speed

• 1.  2930 F/M VCF Link's and speed

Posted 23 days ago
    Will there bee any performance issues, among the clients connected to either switches.?

------------------------------
    Steinar Grande

• 2.  RE: 2930 F/M VCF Link's and speed

Posted 15 days ago
    I believe that you mean VSF Stack instead of VCF.

Regarding your question I would say it depends you need to know more regarding traffic flows and type of clients.
    Normal client traffic like internet browsing and office application should work fine.
    Instead of using Gigabit stacking links you could use 10Gb.

Your design needs a service window when upgrading to new firmware.

Sietze Reitsma

• 3.  RE: 2930 F/M VCF Link's and speed

Posted 14 days ago
    I am not clear how far away these "domains are"  but I will make the assumption they we are all in the same place.  The real answer to your question is "it depends" on LACP hash for that client, the VSF stacking speed/bw/utilization, and if the client in on a switch that is a member of the LAG between domains.
    I also assume you use-case is client accessing the server farm on the left of your diagram. 

Any client that must traverse the VSF stack to get to the switch with a LAG interface will be impacted by the VSF "backplane" speed. Must also consider VSF Stack utilization at the moment your client is attempting to get to the servers. 

Lastly, if the diagram represents your deployment topology - the client in Domain 30 will have longer latency as it traverses to domain before reaching the servers. 

Kelly Small