Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution

PoE Problem - 2930F with AP515 and Device-Profile

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  PoE Problem - 2930F with AP515 and Device-Profile

Posted Jun 01, 2021 01:51 PM
    We have a few hundred 515 APs that we'll be starting to install next week.  These are our first 500-series APs.  We use device profiles on the switches to set up the proper VLANs when an AP boots.  With the 515s, we're seeing that when the aruba-ap device profile is applied, the switch starts reserving 30 watts per AP, which is way more than they need.  If we take the device profile off the port, it goes down to about 11 watts.  If I try to change the max poe value on the device profile, it gives me an error that it is set by class or LLDP.  How can I use the device profiles without it reserving so much power?  That will put us over budget in some locations since we were planning power based on the 515's datasheet.

------------------------------
    Jason Lester
    ------------------------------