Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Netedit 2.0.1 - Topology view is empty

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  Netedit 2.0.1 - Topology view is empty

Posted Apr 16, 2021 08:34 AM
    I am running unlicensed version of Netedit 2.0.1 in lab. I discovered 4 switches and I can see them in device list and can apply plans on them, but in topology view I can see total of devices is 0. Is this because I have unlicensed version or something wrong in 2.0.1 or in my configuration. 

------------------------------
    Ahmad Enaya

• 2.  RE: Netedit 2.0.1 - Topology view is empty

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 16, 2021 07:24 PM
    I suggest using NetEdit 2.0.9 along with the more recent CX firmware on your switches.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Netedit 2.0.1 - Topology view is empty

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 17, 2021 03:31 AM
    Why not to suggest the Aruba NetEdit 2.0.12 which is the most updated version currently available?

• 4.  RE: Netedit 2.0.1 - Topology view is empty

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 17, 2021 06:59 PM
    you are right, that's the better option.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: Netedit 2.0.1 - Topology view is empty

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2021 10:12 AM
    I agree with the others that upgrading to 2.0.12 (or whatever is the latest release) is recommended. To answer your question about why this is happening, to my knowledge we don't limit functionality in the unlicensed version of NetEdit. Additionally, I don't see how this would be caused by a misconfiguration on the switch, since the search bar shows "4 Devices" and the summary in the upper right shows "Total Devices: 0" (what is shown is not consistent with itself).

Many bugs (potentially like this one) have been fixed since the 2.0.1 release. You could also try refreshing your browser window (Shift+reload) to see if that clears out some client-side cache causing this issue. In either case, I'd suspect that upgrading will resolve the issue.

Shaun Wackerly

• 6.  RE: Netedit 2.0.1 - Topology view is empty

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 23, 2021 02:08 AM
    NetEdit 2.1 is now released and available on asp.arubanetworks.com
    TACACS support is here :-)