Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba CX 6100, changing default VLAN and assigning IP address via DHCP?

This thread has been viewed 85 times
  • 1.  Aruba CX 6100, changing default VLAN and assigning IP address via DHCP?

Posted May 25, 2021 01:46 PM
    Hi folks!

Aruba CX 6100, running 10.07.0005. I currently have DHCP enabled on VLAN=1 which is the default. I have a need to change this to VLAN=2 and get addressing via DHCP. But it seems the switch doesn't allow me to do it:

6100(config)# int vlan 2
    6100(config-if-vlan)# ip dhcp
    "ip dhcp" is supported only on default vlan (vlan1)
    6100(config-if-vlan)#

I have been looking at the documentation and found this:

Is this really the case; so you're stuck with VLAN=1 in case you'd like to use DHCP for VLAN addressing?

------------------------------
    gone fishing.

• 2.  RE: Aruba CX 6100, changing default VLAN and assigning IP address via DHCP?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2021 02:28 PM
    If you want to assign another vlan and manage the switch it will have to be with a static address in this case as well as static route etc

Only vlan 1  the default is available mainly for ZTP purposes   use cases for the 6100. However, if you have a use case raise this with your Aruba Account Manager or SE.

Kamal Takodra
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Aruba CX 6100, changing default VLAN and assigning IP address via DHCP?

Posted May 25, 2021 04:11 PM
    Hi Kamal!

Thank you for the message. I understand.

Sad to find the feature missing, especially since even the low-end 2530 series has it.

gone fishing.

• 4.  RE: Aruba CX 6100, changing default VLAN and assigning IP address via DHCP?

Posted May 26, 2021 07:04 PM
    How I can created DHCP pool and excluded ip address in HP Aruba 8320 switch. ?

Adnan Khan

• 5.  RE: Aruba CX 6100, changing default VLAN and assigning IP address via DHCP?

MVP GURU
    Posted May 27, 2021 06:08 AM
    Hi Aahmad, please open a new topic

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281

• 6.  RE: Aruba CX 6100, changing default VLAN and assigning IP address via DHCP?

Posted Jun 01, 2021 03:53 PM
    Is it not possible to change the default vlan ?

Robert Leonard Kvinge

• 7.  RE: Aruba CX 6100, changing default VLAN and assigning IP address via DHCP?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 02, 2021 08:19 AM
    vlan 1 is the default and is the only vlan that can be assigned using DHCP and this can not be changed,
    any other vlan that is created must have static address assigned if required

Sometimes default and native vlan are used in some texts, the native vlan CAN be changed on trunk ports on the 6100. However, the default vlan remains  vlan 1 for the above purposes.

Kamal Takodra
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 8.  RE: Aruba CX 6100, changing default VLAN and assigning IP address via DHCP?

Posted Jun 02, 2021 08:45 AM
    That indeed is very unfortunate. Even the low-end 2530 switches have the capability to have DHCP IP address assigned to some other VLAN than 1. Also, capability to push management related functions to some other VLAN than 1 (primary-vlan).

gone fishing.