Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Options for connecting 8320 and 2930M switches

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Options for connecting 8320 and 2930M switches

Posted Feb 11, 2021 12:58 PM
    Hi,

I'd like some help understanding the options for connecting 2 types of switches. I would like to connect them at the highest speed possible.

I have 2 JL581A 8320 switches which I want to connect to 2 JL322A 2930M switches in a stack.

Each 2930M can accommodate a module for a 40G QSFP+ transceiver but these modules are already being used for other connections on the network.
    So I am left with the front-facing ports on the 2930M, but I need some help checking I have the correct SFP transceiver cable to connect to the 8320 switches.

It looks like this transceiver is the best option: Aruba 10G SFP+ to SFP+ 3m DAC Cable (J9283D)

If you are able to confirm, or suggest better options that would be great.

Thanks for you help.

------------------------------
    Adam Bishop

• 2.  RE: Options for connecting 8320 and 2930M switches

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 11, 2021 01:48 PM
    The front SFP ports will only handle 1Gb, not 10Gb. You have options to replace the rear unit with JL083A which will give you 4 x 10Gb Ethernet - SFP+.

The Aruba 10G SFP+ to SFP+ 3m DAC Cable (J9283D) is a 10Gb DAC cable.

Dustin Burns