Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Data center Advanced Features and Network Virtualization

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  Data center Advanced Features and Network Virtualization

Posted Jan 20, 2021 08:59 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Dear,

Please have a look the attached technical spec and advice me the best match model for this solutions.

1. Core Switch
    2. DMZ Switch
    3. Access Switch

------------------------------
    Shohidul Islam

Attachment(s)

xlsx
    Technical Spec.xlsx   214 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Data center Advanced Features and Network Virtualization

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2021 05:45 AM
    Hello,
    Please contact your Aruba local representative who will help you with this request.
    This RFP will be better answered in this way than through this forum.

Vincent Giles

• 3.  RE: Data center Advanced Features and Network Virtualization

Posted Jan 24, 2021 04:32 AM
    Why bother trying to offer Aruba? It's clear that all the technical specs are taken out of Arista datasheet even using their own terms :) So they clearly do not want anything else than Arista. And also if they require some features that are Arista propietary, it's quite hard to offer anything else.

So either discuss with them about changing the requirements or offer Arista :)

• 4.  RE: Data center Advanced Features and Network Virtualization

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 24, 2021 04:48 AM
    Yeah, that portion of an RFP implies that what is currently asked for is - strictly speaking - imposed without any margin instead of being requested with some degree of freedom (read: "...with respect to what I'm asking you to provide me I'm imposing you this and that by strictly specifying what only one vendor can provide..." I don't see any freedom of choice here).

As @pubjohndoe wrote above: Why to bother?

An RFP should permit a margin of freedom (by using sufficiently generic specifications) to let various vendors to candidate and compete each others...otherwise it's just a "driven request" (very well driven...).​​

Davide Poletto

• 5.  RE: Data center Advanced Features and Network Virtualization

Posted Jan 24, 2021 04:55 AM
    If that would be a totally new network or something then I would argue the specs. But maybe they already have Arista environment, but are forced to do public bidding for new switches and don't want to end up in a situation where every time they buy something, they get different vendors.

Or maybe there is that "American style" IT manager who knows better than anyone else that vendor X is the greatest (as they offered dinner last week) and now the IT guys have to make sure that they don't get a new switch vendor.

I've heard that some organizations running Aruba haven't had to do such a long list of requirements. They just specified (besides the basic port/PSU requirements) that the new access switches should support tunneling all user traffic to their current DC controllers. And their current controllers were Aruba 72xx :)