Wired

last person joined: an hour ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

Difference between ArubaOS-CX and ArubaOS-Switch

• 1.  Difference between ArubaOS-CX and ArubaOS-Switch

Posted Jan 03, 2021 11:08 PM

Can someone help me with the Difference between ArubaOS, ArubaOS-CX, and ArubaOS-Switch?

Also the released versions for the OS and their EOL

------------------------------
    Yash Jhunjhunwala

• 2.  RE: Difference between ArubaOS-CX and ArubaOS-Switch

Posted Jan 04, 2021 10:20 AM
    ArubaOS - Run by WAPs other than the InstantON line.
    ArubaOS-Switch - Run by ProVision based switches (i.e. 2500, 2900, 3800, 5400, etc).
    ArubaOS-CX - Run by Aruba's next generation switches (6200, 6300, 6400, 8200, etc).

Released version history is way too complicated to post here.  Google is your friend.

John Kupski

• 3.  RE: Difference between ArubaOS-CX and ArubaOS-Switch

Posted Jan 05, 2021 03:56 AM
    Hi Yash,

as John said that is too much for a forum chat. Best would be to contact an Aruba Business Partner or an Aruba representitive. Here we can tell you the differences and what works best for your demands.
    http://findapartner.arubanetworks.com/aruba.html

For EoL Information see - https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/end-of-life/

Cheers
    Stefan

• 4.  RE: Difference between ArubaOS-CX and ArubaOS-Switch

Posted Jan 05, 2021 04:01 AM
    Do we have VM version of these OS for testing purpose?

Yash Jhunjhunwala

• 5.  RE: Difference between ArubaOS-CX and ArubaOS-Switch

Posted Jan 05, 2021 05:45 AM
    Hello Yash,

1. ArubaOS <- To be honest, the nearer thing (in terms of "simulation capabilities") I know of is the ArubaOS Virtual Controller (Mobility Master Virtual Appliance/Mobility Controller Virtual Appliance)...but I'm not sure it can be seen exactly as a "simulation software" you want.
    2. ArubaOS-Switch (ex HP ProVision OS) <- No, no "simulation software" is publicly available.
    3. ArubaOS-CX <- Yes, look for latest ArubaOS-CX 10.05 OVA here (the ArubaOS-CX Simulation Software OVA is a virtual platform to enable simulation of the ArubaOS-CX Network).

Davide Poletto