Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Splitter Cable Compatibility

This thread has been viewed 36 times
  • 1.  Splitter Cable Compatibility

Posted Apr 25, 2021 03:22 AM
    Hi Team,
    I have a problem 8360 switch series,
    1. Most switches support QSFP+ to 4SFP+ splitter cable but the 48x 10G Copper switch (JL706A) doesn't support as per iRIS tool. correct me if i am wrong.
    2. FlexFabric have QSFP+ to SFP+ adapter does it support for ArubaCX switch

------------------------------
    Dinusha Chandrasinghe - MVP | ACMP | ACSP |ACCA
    Network Engineer
    Plexus Global (Pvt) Ltd
    Colombo Sri Lanka
    +94717327420

• 2.  RE: Splitter Cable Compatibility
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 25, 2021 04:25 AM
    Hi Dinusha,

1. I confirm (the Aruba CX 8360-48XT-4C switch [*] does not support splitting the four 40/100G QSFP28 interfaces, it has not ports suitable to be splitted).
    2. Supported QSFP+ to SFP+ DACs by Aruba 8360 models can be found on Aruba Transceiver and DAC guide (look for the current 10th edition, 11st edition should be just around the corner).

[*] With Aruba 8360 48XT4C I mean: the JL720A (base system), the JL706A Port-to-Power model and the JL707A Power-to-Port model.​​

Davide Poletto

• 3.  RE: Splitter Cable Compatibility

Posted Apr 25, 2021 09:31 AM
    Hi Davide,
    One more question. What is mean by "721064-B21:10.05.0001 Only the QSFP end is supported"

Network Engineer
    Plexus Global (Pvt) Ltd
    Colombo Sri Lanka
    +94717327420

• 4.  RE: Splitter Cable Compatibility

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 26, 2021 02:58 AM
    Hello Dinusha,

In my opinion the statement "721064-B21: 10.05.0001 Only the QSFP end is supported"  you've found on the Aruba Transceiver and DAC guide - statement which is not specifically related to Aruba 8360 Switch series you were speaking about - means that the 721064-B21 DAC splitter cable is only supported when its QSFP+ end is inserted into one of the Aruba switch QSFP+ ports (and not vice-versa when one or all four SFP+ ends are inserted into the Aruba switch SFP+ ports).

Davide Poletto

• 5.  RE: Splitter Cable Compatibility

Posted Apr 26, 2021 11:37 AM
    Hi,
    Thank you Davide,

Network Engineer
    Plexus Global (Pvt) Ltd
    Colombo Sri Lanka
    +94717327420

• 6.  RE: Splitter Cable Compatibility

MVP
    Posted Apr 26, 2021 01:22 PM
    Hi Dinusha,

As Davide Poletto sent you the link, usually when you have doubts about a certain product or cable or part number related to a product, you can always Google the model of the switch and type additionally "QuickSpecs". Usually those are documents which provide sufficient information about which cables, or add-on parts, are compliant and available with the Switches.

Example: https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=a00094643enw

Shpat