Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

clear counters on port HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch (firmware YA.16.05.0011)

This thread has been viewed 50 times
  • 1.  clear counters on port HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch (firmware YA.16.05.0011)

MVP
    Posted Jun 04, 2021 02:36 AM
    Such simple task as clear counters on port on the switch HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch (firmware YA.16.05.0011) seems not available.
    Its possible to issues the command clear statistics 51  , but if related SSH session is closed and you reconnect to the switch counters will be the same as before not cleared ones.
    Is other option available to clear counters ?!

------------------------------
    AY

• 2.  RE: clear counters on port HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch (firmware YA.16.05.0011)

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 04, 2021 07:10 AM
    Running a "clear statistics <interface>" will clear it for your session. If you want to wipe the counters, even after logging back in, you need to run the "clear statistics global" command.

Dustin Burns
    Senior Mobility and Access Engineer @WEI

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2021
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: clear counters on port HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch (firmware YA.16.05.0011)

MVP
    Posted Jun 06, 2021 09:08 PM
    @ Dustin Burns
    @ ​​Stanislav Naydenov

# clear statistics
    Incomplete input: statistics
    # clear statistics ?
    aclv4 Reset IPv4 Access Control List statistics.
    aclv6 Reset IPv6 ACL statistics.
    dldp Reset Device Link Detection Protocol (DLDP) statistics.
    policy Reset policy statistics.
    [ethernet] PORT-LIST Enter a port, a list of ports, or 'all' to reset the port counters in the current session.

# clear statistics global
    Module not present for port or invalid port: global

there are no "clear staticstics global" command or there are no "clear statistics" command in global mode. In configuration mode all is the same as well .

AY

• 4.  RE: clear counters on port HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch (firmware YA.16.05.0011)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 07, 2021 06:47 AM

Hi Avy,

I have checked a few devices from the same model with different versions and you are correct - same behavior/ the command seems to be missing. 

There are few bug fixes, where the "clear statistics global" command is introduced as a workaround. For example: 

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00112860en_us

Bug ID: 251030

Even with this version, the command is not available. 

The "global" command is introduced in the management guide as well  - version 16.05 (page 283):

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00038746en_us

Same for version 16.10 (page 266):

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00091280en_us

"When troubleshooting network issues, you can clear all counters and statistics without rebooting the switch using the clear statistics global command or using the menu"

In this case I am not sure why the command is missing and for me there is some documentation mismatch. Unfortunately I cannot find any relevant information this regard.  Reboot of the device should clear the counters, but this is ofc not considered as a workaround. 

If you want to get support on this you can open a case with the networking team (you have to select your region under "Contact HPE"):

https://www.hpe.com/uk/en/contact-hpe.html

Stanislav Naydenov

• 5.  RE: clear counters on port HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch (firmware YA.16.05.0011)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2021 03:38 PM
    Hi,

In this case please issue the "clear statistics global" command, so the counters will be cleared permanent and not for the current session only. I think that there is no available command to clear the statistics for one particular port - the "clear statistics <port-list>" command is used for troubleshooting purposes only and it is applicable for the current session.

Stanislav Naydenov