Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

6100 DHCP-Snooping

This thread has been viewed 40 times
  • 1.  6100 DHCP-Snooping

Posted Jul 16, 2021 09:03 AM
    Hi all,

does somebody know when DHCP-Snooping is supported by the 6100 switches?

I don't know how to explain to my customers that Procurve 2620 switches have more basic features than 6100.
    We can basically not sell them to customers that want this. They want a basic access-layer L2 switch without stacking, like the 2540, with basic security features. How is this not supported?

I can not understand this.

Also when you have ClearPass implemented you need DHCP-Snooping to update the endpoint fingerprint with the IP of the endpoint. 
    One customer wants ClearPass to use the API of the Firewall to update SSO groups. For that we need to get the IP of the endpoint by DHCP snooping.
    Or is there another way to get the IP of the endpoint?

------------------------------
    AutoCreation

• 2.  RE: 6100 DHCP-Snooping

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 16, 2021 11:20 AM
    Please reach out to your local Aruba Sales Team. It is not possible to discuss roadmap items in a public forum.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: 6100 DHCP-Snooping

Posted Jul 16, 2021 11:41 AM
    I understand that, sorry for the little rant.

I think "ip client-tracking" would also be a solution for updating endpoints in ClearPass through accounting updates.
    I will try this instead of DHCP snooping.

AutoCreation