Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruab OSPF Cost on Vlan

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Aruab OSPF Cost on Vlan

Posted Jan 11, 2021 08:25 AM
    I've had a look at the documentation but I'm not 100% clear so thought I'd ask before changing

I want to change the cost for an OSPF link between two Aruba switches in the same area. Currently on default type 2 costs. 

I know I can use ospf cost xx under the 'transport' vlan between the two switches, what I couldn't find out is do I need to set this the same on both switches, or just one?

TIA

------------------------------
    Richard
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Aruab OSPF Cost on Vlan

Posted Jan 12, 2021 05:36 PM
    OSPF cost is a local value, so it's only affecting the switch you're currently configuring. After that the configured switch will announce the cost for that link to other OSPF devices. You usually want to have OSPF cost configured similarly on both ends of the link if they're the same organization/network/etc. If you don't have alternative paths it doesn't really matter what the cost is.