SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 6 days ago 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

Wired client not visible in aruba central

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  Wired client not visible in aruba central

Posted Apr 03, 2020 12:58 PM

We don't see wired client detail like mac-address or ip address from Central. We can see wireless client details but not wired client. Gateway, IAP, switch are in same group but still we can't see wired client connected to switch. If wired client is directly connected to IAP 303H E0,E1,E2,E3, PORT it is visible . since E1 port of IAP 303H is connected to switch AND Client connected to switch than there is no visibility of wired client. Can somebody look into this. 

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Wired client not visible in aruba central

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 05, 2020 05:58 AM

What is the switch model in question? Are you doing any authentication on the switch port opposed to the wired port on the AP? 

• 3.  RE: Wired client not visible in aruba central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 07, 2020 01:23 PM

I presume you have an IAP-303H working as micro-branch (AKA, IAP-VPN) and that you have the switch connected to one of the ports in the AP. Is that correct?

If that's the case, is the IAP port set to untrusted?

How is the switch configured?

• 4.  RE: Wired client not visible in aruba central

Posted Jun 17, 2020 10:56 AM

I'd just like to add I have the same issue.

2930F switches and AP-365's

no fancy configs as yet, out of the box, firmware updated and connected to Central in my scenario.

Wireless clients are visible straight away, just nothing on wired.

• 5.  RE: Wired client not visible in aruba central

Posted Jun 17, 2020 12:06 PM
    Are you doing wired authentication ? You may not be able to able to have client Visibility if no authentication is defined on the port

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

• 6.  RE: Wired client not visible in aruba central

Posted Jun 17, 2020 09:47 PM

Thanks Victor,

No authentication as yet, will be adding Clearpass eventually to it, so hopefully will see data then if it can't be added before then.

How are the wireless AP's getting the info back to Central without any authentication?

Thanks,

Ryan

• 7.  RE: Wired client not visible in aruba central

Posted Jun 17, 2020 10:42 PM
    Aruba APs have built in firewall so you can see the user/device sessions and that’s why you are able to see this information in the dashboard

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

• 8.  RE: Wired client not visible in aruba central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 14, 2020 08:10 AM

Enabling dhcp-snooping will allow you to see wired client ip's.