SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

SD-Branch and Silver Peak SD-WAN

This thread has been viewed 77 times
  • 1.  SD-Branch and Silver Peak SD-WAN

Posted Oct 29, 2020 02:23 PM
    Hi community,

Now that HPE/Aruba has acquired Silver Peak, how Aruba SD-WAN technology will continue? It seems Silver Peak SD-WAN technology is better than Aruba SD-WAN, that shows the Gartner WAN Edge magic quadrants of the last years. Will Aruba replace SD-Branch technology with Silver Peak technology from now on? Maybe Silver Peak technology rebranded as Aruba SD-WAN and all managed by Aruba Central? Will both technologies coexist for some time? Any ideas?

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Julián

• 2.  RE: SD-Branch and Silver Peak SD-WAN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2020 03:05 AM
    Hi Julián.

Silver Peak has features SD-Branch does not, also SD-Branch has features Silver Peak does not.

I would expect to see integration in the near future and "merging" of Silver Peak & SD-Branch in the longer perspective making the best SD-WAN/SD-Branch solution in the industry.

How exactly this is going to be executed is unknown to me at this time.

Looking forward to it nevertheless :-)

Cheers

Tom Roholm

• 3.  RE: SD-Branch and Silver Peak SD-WAN

Posted Nov 03, 2020 05:07 PM
    This is really interesting. Hopefully we do not get multiple product lines and no one really knows when you should use one and the managements are different (One of the other big vendor I think has a situation like this... no names mentioned....)

In the best possible scenario we would get the Silver Peak software to the current 9004 etc product lines. But this will probably take at least a year until something massive happens.

We're currently starting our SD-WAN projects and I'm hoping the 9004's we implement don't get outdated soon...