SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 6 days ago 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

SD-WAN VPNC and uplink Health check

This thread has been viewed 47 times
  • 1.  SD-WAN VPNC and uplink Health check

Posted Mar 04, 2021 01:27 PM
    Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to configure health check on VPNC like it can be performed on BGW : Airheads Community

The goal is to check if next-hop router is UP or KO in order to remove the next-hop in the routing table.

Best regards,

------------------------------
    guilhem perez

• 2.  RE: SD-WAN VPNC and uplink Health check

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2021 05:02 PM
    not to the best of my knowledge. I think this is because, in the VPNCs you can more often use a routing protocol to achieve this.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: SD-WAN VPNC and uplink Health check

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 05, 2021 02:32 AM
    There is a LAN Health-check feature on the VPNC that you could use:

Enabling LAN health check will bring down WAN IPSec tunnels on the VPNC if all route peering is lost on the VPNC LAN - This is done to prevent black holing traffic.

Also, if the next-hop router fails and thus the peers route updates fail - the VPNC would stop advertising those routes into the SDWAN Overlay. Unless of course there is a broad DC Aggregate that matches an interface on the VPNC.

Original Message:
    Sent: Mar 04, 2021 10:19 AM
    Subject: SD-WAN VPNC and uplink Health check

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to configure health check on VPNC like it can be performed on BGW : Airheads Community

The goal is to check if next-hop router is UP or KO in order to remove the next-hop in the routing table.

Best regards,

guilhem perez

• 4.  RE: SD-WAN VPNC and uplink Health check

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 05, 2021 05:58 PM
    yes you are right, forgot about LAN health check. here is the screenshot for it.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: SD-WAN VPNC and uplink Health check

Posted Mar 08, 2021 02:33 AM
    Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Finally after discussion with Aruba professionnel services, we are going to :
    - Migrate from L2 redundant to L3 redundant architecture + OSPF on the LAN side
    - Direct connection from VPNC to WAN routeurs (in order to detect physical issue)

This is a huge change for our customer especially with 100 remote sites already migrated on BGW but it seems this is the only way.

Best regards,

guilhem perez