View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

AMP firmware upgrade issue?

This thread has been viewed 52 times
  • 1.  AMP firmware upgrade issue?

Posted Feb 14, 2021 11:03 PM
    Hi All,
    I am trying to upgrade airwave from 8.2.9 to 8.2.10 but getting the below error after login to the support portal,

"Downloading....SOAP request failed. Error Code: SAID missing in your account."

any hint would be appreciated.

Cheers

• 2.  RE: AMP firmware upgrade issue?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 15, 2021 04:10 AM
    SAID stands for Service Agreement ID. So it seems your account has not been linked to an active support contract. Please reach out to TAC (contact phone below my message) if you have active support but for some reason, it is not tied to your account.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: AMP firmware upgrade issue?

Posted Feb 15, 2021 04:06 PM
    Thanks Mate! Will do.

dinesh

• 4.  RE: AMP firmware upgrade issue?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 16, 2021 05:51 PM
    Hi Dinesh,

In my own approach I usually use the offline method. You can download the firmware with your ASP account via https://asp.arubanetworks.com and upload it manually using a remote SCP server. My experience is that in some Airwave versions the communication with the download servers does not work properly. When your ASP account is not linked to an active contract, you'r will  not able to download the software and need TAC support.

Please note that from version 8.2.10.1 CentOS7 will be introduced. Therefore, after updating to 8.2.10.1, you need to make a backup, reinstall 8.2.10.1 and restore the configuration backup. The reinstallation ensures that you are going to use CentOS7 which is required for an update to later releases.

Always read the release notes carefully before starting.

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own

• 5.  RE: AMP firmware upgrade issue?

Posted Feb 17, 2021 10:22 PM
    Hi Marcel,
    my airwave is 8.2.9 at the moment, updating it to 8.2.10, the OS still be CentOS 6 isn't it?
    then I need to built a new VM for CentOS 8.2.10.1  which is going to be CentOS 7 and restore from the old back up?

cheers for the reply :)

dinesh

• 6.  RE: AMP firmware upgrade issue?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 18, 2021 02:43 AM
    Hi Dinesh,

Thats correct!

See also my early post: https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=33458

Please note that when you have VisualRF maps, this is a separate backup. When create a backup from the CLI there a two backups:
    1. The config backup
    2. The VisualRF backup

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own