Wired

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Uplink between Aruba 6300f and Brocade ICX 7150 Not Working

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Uplink between Aruba 6300f and Brocade ICX 7150 Not Working

Posted Sep 30, 2021 02:38 PM
    We are moving from Brocade to Aruba - this has to be done incrementally at one particular location.   My test environment consists of an Aruba production environment with a Brocade acting as an edge switch.  The Aruba allows workstations to acquire an IP via DHCP on VLAN 10,11.

Aruba Config:

no spanning-tree

1/1/9
    vlan trunk native 10
    vlan trunk allowed all

uplink on 1/1/9

Brocade Config:

vlan 10
    tagged ethe 1/2/2
    untagged ethe 1/1/1 - 1/1/8

vlan 11
    tagged ethe 1/2/2
    untagged ethe 1/1/9 - 1/1/10

vlan 20
    tagged ethe 1/2/2
    untagged ethe 1/1/11 - 1/1/12

Workstation connected on port 1/1/3
    uplink on port 1/2/2

Using show LLDP Neighbors on the Brocade, I can see the Aruba switch.  However, no packets flow between the switches.  Neither switch can ping the others management interface, nor does the Brocade allow packets out on VLAN 10 or 11.

What is wrong with my config?  What is the secret to getting the 802.1q uplink working? 

I noted another post where the link was possible after tweaking STP.  I thought disabling STP entirely would make things simple but does not seem to be helping

------------------------------
    Dennis Clark

• 2.  RE: Uplink between Aruba 6300f and Brocade ICX 7150 Not Working

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 02, 2021 11:06 AM
    Hi Dennis, the point is that - on Aruba 6300F (ArubaOS-CX operating system) - when you configured the vlan trunk native 10 for interface 1/1/9 you've instructed the switch to accept UNTAGGED traffic ingressing that port (assigning it internally to VLAN 10) and to remove that internal VLAN 10 tag on packets egressing that port going outside the Switch.

This doesn't match the VLAN tagging configuration of the Brocade's peer port (1/2/2) which have the VLAN 10, 11 and 20 tagged.

In other terms, Aruba side the 1/1/9 interface is untagged on VLAN 10 and it admits all (other) VLANs tagged while, on Brocade, the interface 1/2/2 is tagged on VLAN 10, 11 and 20. That's the mismatch.

You could try on Aruba side with vlan trunk native 10 tag command instead OR you can keep the current Aruba configuration of interface 1/1/9 and adjust the Brocade interface 1/2/2 accordingly (set the VLAN 10 as the native - thus untagged - VLAN for that port...keeping VLAN 11 and 20 as tagged).

Davide Poletto

• 3.  RE: Uplink between Aruba 6300f and Brocade ICX 7150 Not Working

Posted Oct 04, 2021 01:53 PM
    Hi,

For the configuration that you've provide, I see that on switch Brocade you have VLAN 10 tagged in your uplink while the aruba switch you have the vlan 10 as native vlan or untagged from brocade's perspective.

Aruba Config:

no spanning-tree

1/1/9
    vlan trunk native 10
    vlan trunk allowed all

Brocade Config:

vlan 10
    tagged ethe 1/2/2

On the brocade's side you should have configure the vlan 10 like this:

Brocade Config:

vlan 10
    untagged ethe 1/2/2

I hope this resolve your issue.

Roberto Rocha Valencia
    ACMP | ACCP | ACSP

• 4.  RE: Uplink between Aruba 6300f and Brocade ICX 7150 Not Working

Posted Oct 04, 2021 01:54 PM
    Hi,

For I can see you've something wrong in your configuration, specially on VLAN 10. On the Aruba switch you have this configuration on the uplink:

Aruba Config

1/1/9
    vlan trunk native 10
    vlan trunk allowed all

Brocade Config:

vlan 10
    tagged ethe 1/2/2

For aruba switch your uplink you have the native vlan 10 that means the port is not tagging vlan 10 and the brocade switch is waiting for tagged packets for this vlan.

You should change the configuration on one of the switches or both, and try to match the configuration, here is somthenig you can do on aruba switch

Aruba Config
    1/1/9

no vlan trunk native 10
    vlan trunk allowed all

Once you've done this, check if the vlan is tagged on the uplink.

show vlan 10

On the brocade switch you could do this
    vlan 10
    untagged ethe 1/2/2

I hope this works for you.

Regards

Roberto Rocha Valencia