View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

ARUBA2960

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  ARUBA2960

Posted Mar 22, 2021 11:17 AM
    Hello to everybody.
    I would like to know, what are the main differences between the stacking split policy all-fragment-up and one-fragment up.
    I really don't understand these parameters.

May someone explain me, the meaning of split fragment and which one of these, is the best in a two Aruba2960 stacking?

Thank you so much.

------------------------------
    Antonio Ferrante

• 2.  RE: ARUBA2960

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 23, 2021 05:14 AM
    Check here.
    stacking split-policy <all-fragments-up | one-fragment-up>
    • When the MIB is set to one-fragment-up, then only one split fragment will stay active; others will be inactive.

• When the MIB is set to all-fragments-up, then all split fragments will remain active.

The default policy is one-fragment-up.

If you have a 4 switch stack, and you lose the connection to one of the switches, you will have a fragment of 3 switches and another of a single switch. This setting configures if switches lost from the stack will be active or shut down.

I'm not aware of an Aruba 2960 switch, do you mean 2920?

The one-fragment up is the most secure setting as with all fragments up you can get in weird situations especially with distributed trunks (port-channel). It's not good to have a stack split under any condition, so the choice is to have a remaining fragment active that works for all the connected devices, or have a network that is up for more devices but isolated from the rest of the network. In general, if you don't know, it is most safe to stick to the default.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.