Wired

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Validate Trunking between switches?

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Validate Trunking between switches?

Posted Feb 10, 2021 07:30 PM

Hi All,

Can someone help me? I am new to HPE/Aruba switches and need to know some shortcuts :)

So how can I tell there is a trunk between my 1 gig and ten gig switches? All are HPE/Aruba. Last time I was at Data Center, I saw almost all ports are populated.

There is a "sync or stacking" cable between two 10g switches (Labeled DMZ), and 4 more 10g (labeled DB). What is the cable actually called?

There are six 1 Gig switches and there is a sync/stacking cable between one group of three (DMZ) and the other group three (DB).

How can I confirm they are connected to each other without being onsite? I have remote access and have been using the web interface. Can you please tell me an easy way from the cli how to validate I have a trunk between 10g and 1g switches that are carrying the same vlans?

I have six of these. 

HPE FF 5700-32XGT-8XG-2QSFP+ Switch JG898A

and 6 of these

HP A5500-24G-4SFP HI 

Thanks for your help!

------------------------------
    Jerry Roy

• 2.  RE: Validate Trunking between switches?

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 14, 2021 05:48 AM
    Hi Jerry! you should post your doubts/requests/issues on the Airheads Wired Intelligent Edge sub-forum otherwise you're at risk that your post get unnoticed here in this part of the forum (don't ask me why).

Davide Poletto

• 3.  RE: Validate Trunking between switches?

Posted Feb 16, 2021 12:02 PM

Hi David,

Thanks for the info, I will do what you suggested, it is greatly appreciated.

Jerry

Jerry Roy, Sr. Network Engineer

BirchStreet Systems

949-567-7055  |  cell 562-305-9545 | jroy@birchstreet.net

www.birchstreet.net  |   Blog  |  twitter  |  facebook  |  LinkedIn