View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Serial Micro USB cable for Aruba Switch 2530

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Serial Micro USB cable for Aruba Switch 2530

Posted Apr 02, 2021 09:33 AM
    Hi, new to here.
    Can someone recommend a serial Micro USB cable I need for my Aruba switch 2530? I know I need a Micro USB 2.0 console adapter cable USB. I ran into this product on amazon, it looks close but the description says it's mainly for AP 203H, 303.
    https://www.amazon.com/JY728A-Aruba-Micro-USB-Console-Adapter/dp/B071YNFZBG

I would really appreciate obtaining that info. 

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Birch Family

• 2.  RE: Serial Micro USB cable for Aruba Switch 2530

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 02, 2021 11:58 AM
    The link is a special serial to USB cable for the mentioned (and other recent) Aruba indoor Access Points. This cable will NOT work with the 2530 switch (nor with Aruba Outdoor APs that have a micro-USB console port).

On the 2530 you can use a standard Micro USB cable, like the on you use to charge mobile phones (unless you have an iPhone or modern phone with USB-C). If you don't have that, the cheapest micro USB cable from your nearby supermarket or convenience store is likely to work, if it supports data (not charging only).

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Serial Micro USB cable for Aruba Switch 2530

Posted Apr 02, 2021 04:14 PM
    Hi Herman,
    thank you so much for your response, I almost bought that wrong cable. I do have a micro usb from an Amazon tablet, but it seems too short so I will order a new one.
    Thank you,

Birch Family