View Only
last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

How to change SSH port number from 22 to any non-reserved port number

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  How to change SSH port number from 22 to any non-reserved port number

Posted May 26, 2021 08:17 AM
    Hi All,

I just want to ask how to change the SSH port number from the default number 22 to a non-reserved port number on Aruba 2960F?  Thanks!

• 2.  RE: How to change SSH port number from 22 to any non-reserved port number
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 27, 2021 09:35 AM
    If you mean the 2930F (I don't know a 2960F), you can use the 'ip ssh port' command:
    sw00(config)# ip ssh
     cipher                Specify a cipher to enable/disable.
     filetransfer          Enable/disable secure file transfer capability.
     mac                   Specify a mac to enable/disable.
     port                  Specify the TCP port on which the daemon should listen for SSH connections.
     public-key            Configure a client public-key.
     rekey                 Enable SSH key re-exchange.
     timeout               Specify the maximum length of time (seconds) permitted for protocol negotiation and authentication.
     <cr>
    sw00(config)# ip ssh port
     default               Specify that the daemon should listen on the default TCP port (22).
     TCP/UDP-PORT          Specify the TCP port number on which the daemon should listen.​

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------