View Only
last person joined: 6 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Ansible for InstantAPs

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  Ansible for InstantAPs

Posted May 14, 2019 01:08 AM

Hey all,

Fairly new to HP gear so I'm not 100% I'm even using the right terms for OSes etc, but hopefully this makes sense.

I've been playing with Ansible a (very) little, and was going to try and use it to update the firmware for some InstantAPs (the 315 model if it matters)

Trying to connect to the devices using aruba_config or aruba_command modules gets me an error 'unable to set terminal parameters', while trying to use the arubaoss modules returns 'No JSON object could be decoded'

I don't think what I'm doing is actually supported as everything mentions aruba switch, not aruba ap but I was looking for any assistance or pointers in the right direction to see what I can do to automate the firmware upgrades on these APs.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Ansible for InstantAPs

MVP GURU
    Posted May 14, 2019 05:27 AM

Hi,

the ansible module is only (for the moment...) for Switch (Aruba / Ex Procuvre and ArubaCX).

With new release of IAP (8.5), there is now API... may be it will be a a ansible module later...

• 3.  RE: Ansible for InstantAPs

Posted Aug 12, 2021 11:33 PM
    Hi,

Is there any update regarding an Ansible module for IAP? Our organization would greatly benefit from such a module.

------------------------------
    Revie Gill

• 4.  RE: Ansible for InstantAPs

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 18, 2021 03:16 PM
    No news about a Ansible module for IAP

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCL: Powershell Module to use Aruba Central

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281