This thread has been viewed 87 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP 8.6.0.x Rest API / SSID

Posted Nov 26, 2020 11:56 AM
    Hey guys,
    I am testing the API functionality with Aruba IAP 325,
    I have one master and 5 slaves.
    I already enabled API with allow-rest-api,
    and I can also login with

curl "https://IP:4343/rest/login" -H "Content-Type: application/json" --data '{"user": "user", "passwd": "password"}' -k
    and get success a response.

Now, I would use an SSID profile.
    Regarding the documentation Aruba IAP 8.6.0.x there is one ssid example.
    I tried to use this, but nothing happens.
    When I use:

curl "https://IP:4343/rest/ssid?sid=SID" -H "Content-Type: application/json" --data ssid.json -k
    I receive:

{

"Status-code": 3,

"message": "Failed to parse JSON input for /rest/ssid"

}

When I use
    curl "https://IP:4343/rest/ssid?sid=SID" -H "Content-Type: application/json" --data ssid.json -
    insecure

I receive nothing.
    -k or -insecure , according to macOS CLI curl man both skip the cert check.

Actually, I would think, this is good, but it isn't.
    When I log in to Aruba IAP, there is no additional SSID network.

What is wrong?

Here the ssid.json code, which is a copy from the documentation:

{
    "ssid-profile" :
    {
    "action" : "create",
    "ssid-profile" : "AA-Cabin123",
    "essid":
    {
    "value" : "AA-Cabin123"
    },
    "type": "employee",
    "opmode" : "wpa2-psk-aes",
    "wpa-passphrase": "abcefgg@123",
    "vlan":
    {
    "value" : "30"
    },
    "rf-band": "5.0",
    "enable": "yes",
    "dtim-period":
    {
    "value" : 1
    },
    "broadcast-filter":
    {
    "value" : "arp"
    },
    "g-min-tx-rate": "1",
    "a-min-tx-rate": "6",
    "a-basic-rates":
    {
    "value" : "6,9"
    },
    "g-basic-rates":
    {
    "value" : "11"
    },
    "dmo-channel-utilization-threshold": 90,
    "local-probe-req-thresh": 0,
    "max-clients-threshold": 64,
    "dot11k": "enable",
    "dot11r": "enable",
    "dot11v": "enable",
    "mdid" :
    {
    "value" : 65535
    },
    "auth-server" :
    {
    "value" : "auth_server"
    },
    "deny-inter-user-bridging" : "enable",
    "deny-local-routing" : "enable",
    "max-authentication-failures" : 0
    }
    }

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP 8.6.0.x Rest API / SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 08, 2020 12:30 PM

Hello,

I see an error in your cURL usage. If you specify "-d" and your Content-Type is "application/json" then you need to pass a json string and not a file.

If you would like to pass a json file you need to add "@" before the filename, eg: @myjsonfile.json.

Let me know if that works out for you.

Thanks,
    Jay

------------------------------
    Jay Pathak

• 3.  RE: Aruba IAP 8.6.0.x Rest API / SSID

Posted Dec 11, 2020 09:38 AM
    Awesome. it worked.
    Any idea how I can delete a profile? Didn't find anything in the documentation about.​

Salih Zett

• 4.  RE: Aruba IAP 8.6.0.x Rest API / SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 11, 2020 12:57 PM

Yes, sure. To delete anything on AOS8 via API, you need to use the POST method itself. The way it works is using a key "_action" and its value "delete".
    You need to add "_action": "delete" wherever required. For deleting the entire profile, usually it goes with the "profile-name" key n the JSON payload. For more information checkout the Aruba Developer Hub.

You can find some examples on different type of actions and their respective JSON payloads here

Thanks,

Jay

Jay Pathak

• 5.  RE: Aruba IAP 8.6.0.x Rest API / SSID

Posted Jan 04, 2021 08:41 AM
    Works really good, thanks.
    What I regonize is aruba doesn't allow whitespaces in value for SSID name. (this cant be a JSON issue).

When I use whitespace for instance "enterprise guest" the whole json file is not working.

Salih Zett

• 6.  RE: Aruba IAP 8.6.0.x Rest API / SSID

Posted Aug 31, 2022 02:10 PM
    Hello,
    I have the same problem than zesa with on a AP635 AP.
    I'm trying to create a new SSID with the command :
    curl "https://@IP:4343/rest/ssid?sid=SSID" -H "Content-Type: application/json" --data @ssid.json -insecure

and I have simply copy/paste his file into a new ssid.json.

I have no error executing the command from the Windows command, but when I log into the Aruba AP, there is no additional SSID network.

Thanks for your help.

• 7.  RE: Aruba IAP 8.6.0.x Rest API / SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2022 02:16 PM
    Hello,

You might need to provide some details. Can you share any screenshots?

Thanks,
    Jay

• 8.  RE: Aruba IAP 8.6.0.x Rest API / SSID

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 01, 2022 03:41 AM
    Do you have check the log ?

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCL: Powershell Module to use Aruba Central

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281

• 9.  RE: Aruba IAP 8.6.0.x Rest API / SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 01, 2022 11:34 AM

Create folder json_IAP (example)

cd json_IAP from terminal

Creation of the various files in json format based on the documentation Aruba Instant 8.9.0.0 REST API Guide

Connect at the session 

➜  json_IAP curl "https://10.224.101.2:4343/rest/login" -H "Content-Type: application/json" --data '{"user":"admin","passwd":"password' --insecure                                                

{                                                                                                                                                                                                     

"Status":       "Success",                                                                                                                                                                    

"sid":  "kdV8dlqWzR9Hz4oHFxiN"  

sid will be use on the next commands

Creation new SSID (see page 42)

➜  json_IAP curl "https://10.224.101.2:4343/rest/ssid?sid=kdV8dlqWzR9Hz4oHFxiN" -H "Content-Type: application/json" --data @ssid_json_file --insecure                                                

{                                                                                                                                                                                                     

"Status-code":  0,                                                                                                                                                                            

"message":      "Success"                                                                                                                                                                     

}%  

Deletion SSID

Open file json ssid_json_file and change create to delete and retype previous command

➜  json_IAP curl "https://10.224.101.2:4343/rest/ssid?sid=kdV8dlqWzR9Hz4oHFxiN" -H "Content-Type: application/json" --data @ssid_json_file --insecure                                                

{                                                                                                                                                                                                     

"message":      "Success"                                                                                                                                                                     

}%  

Logout session

➜  json_IAP curl "https://10.224.101.2:4343/rest/logout" -H "Content-Type: application/json" --data '{"sid":"kdV8dlqWzR9Hz4oHFxiN"}' --insecure -k                                                   

{                                                                                                                                                                                                     

"message":      "User logout successfully"                                                                                                                                                    

}% 

@alagoutte Oh la question à Kudos 😁

Nicolas Culetto
    SE Aruba France