Developer

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Missing API Documentation

This thread has been viewed 46 times
  • 1.  Missing API Documentation

Posted Mar 19, 2021 11:42 AM
    I am successfully using the ArubaOS 8.6 API to rename APs and assign them to a group.  And I have the ArubaOS 8.6.0.x API Guide, which provides a high-level overview.  I also have access to my swagger API on my controllers, where I can drill down to a Container and then expand the individual POST and GET objects.  What I don't have and can't find is documentation for those individual POST and GET objects.  To give one example, go to your swagger API, click on the "AP Provisioning" container and you will find both a GET and a POST object named "ap_prov".  What do these objects do?  One might think GET could be used to find any APs waiting to be provisioned and then use POST to provision those APs but isn't there some doc that says so?  Isn't there some doc that details what all these objects do and relates them to their corresponding CLI and GUI processes?

------------------------------
    Doug Wussler

• 2.  RE: Missing API Documentation

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 21, 2021 09:04 AM
    Hi Doug,

I'm think, there is a not other doc :(
    it is often the same keyword from CLI, do you have look CLI Guide ? if there is a AP prov command ?

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281

• 3.  RE: Missing API Documentation

Posted Mar 22, 2021 12:14 PM
    This is part of my frustration, I do not see a link between the API objects and the CLI.  Either I have a large knowledge deficit, which is quite possible, or there is a large deficiency in how the API objects are documented.  How is one supposed to know what they do?

Doug Wussler

• 4.  RE: Missing API Documentation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 05, 2021 02:46 PM

Hi Doug,

I understand your frustration about the documentation available on the box/swagger. I would request you to check out the Aruba Developer Hub for AOS 8. Here you will find Guides on how to get started with API as well as API Reference (how you see on swagger). The API Reference consists of commonly used API endpoints with appropriate documentation. Check out the AP Provisioning API on the API Reference. 

There's a prerequisite step involved while using this API, which you can find in the above API reference.
    Alternatively, you can use the showcommand API to mimic the CLI command "show provisioning-params" via API to get a JSON formatted response. To find out more on how to use this API, check out this page on the Developer Hub.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Jay Pathak