Developer

View Only
last person joined: 7 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

SSIDs disappearing

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  SSIDs disappearing

Posted Oct 29, 2021 12:59 AM

We have 4 SSIDs running on a network of 22 Aruba Instant On APs. All was well and then we discovered that a couple of the SSIDs were disappearing during non-business hours, as if they were on a schedule. It became very apparent when we started doing Saturday shifts again and there was no wifi available except for our corporate SSID

We have defined some Time Range profiles but we have not enabled them

Is there some setting we are overlooking, perhaps something we configured during original setup and forgot about? The dashboard reports that all SSIDs are enabled when this happens, but I am unable to add one manually so I don't think the SSIDs are hidden

Any ideas on what we should be looking for, in the logs, config, or elsewhere?

Thanks much for any assistance!

------------------------------
    Marco Bartholomew

• 2.  RE: SSIDs disappearing

Posted Oct 29, 2021 12:41 PM

So it turned out to be some kind of syncing issue. The web GUI says the time range profiles are not enabled but when in the CLI and checking the config they are enabled. I haven't heard back from Aruba Support although they did finally get someone assigned to my ticket

The curious thing is, at one point we deleted the time range profiles so they don't even show up in the gui anymore but they are still showing and enabled in the config. I'm wondering if I should save the running-config and reboot the VC and/or swarm whether those time range profiles will re-appear in the web GUI? 

Marco Bartholomew

• 3.  RE: SSIDs disappearing

Posted Nov 24, 2021 04:10 PM
    There could be several reasons for causing this issue. Like pending updates, computer wasn't assigned a valid IP address, incorrect network settings, conflicts from any third party security program or wireless network drivers are corrupted.

Luise Johnson