Security

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

PEAP profile connect without manually entering username and password

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  PEAP profile connect without manually entering username and password

Posted Jan 30, 2018 01:09 AM

hi 

I am using windows 10 , 

I want to connect to EAP-PEAP profile using only xml file and netsh commands

I don't want to enter user name and password manually

After netsh wlan add profile command ,can you give any method to set username and password through command or code or api or xml file, so that just by giving netsh wlan connect command my device should connect to EAP profile without asking for username and password?????

I am doing this for testing purpose,so please anyone suggest any method???

Anyone please suggest me some answers. I am almost struck in this :(

• 2.  RE: PEAP profile connect without manually entering username and password

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 30, 2018 02:00 AM
    You should manage this via group policy.

• 3.  RE: PEAP profile connect without manually entering username and password

Posted Jan 30, 2018 03:06 AM

Thank you very much for the reply :)

can you please tell me in detail how to manage or provide me any links which has the procedure???

• 4.  RE: PEAP profile connect without manually entering username and password

Posted Jan 30, 2018 08:10 AM

You describe your solution as a test-case where you just want to run netsh to create a SSID profile and instantly connect to it without any form for username input. Default for the PEAP-MSCHAPv2 profile is to use the logged in user so to get a username/password popup you will need to uncheck this checkbox. I have not seen a way to input this directly using netsh wlan.

At the same time - as Tim says it's best solved using GPO for your production environment as long as you're using Windows Server ;) Tons of links around - just search for 802.1x windows GPO and you should get some detailed documents.

• 5.  RE: PEAP profile connect without manually entering username and password
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 31, 2018 04:26 AM

Thanks for the reply and solution

I found a way to connect to a EAP profile without entering user name and password manually.

But i took hex value of username and password and created a profile corresponding .reg file and imported it to registers .

It worked for me :)

• 6.  RE: PEAP profile connect without manually entering username and password

Posted Jan 03, 2022 06:30 AM
    Hi Vinayashree,

Could you please share/guide the steps you followed to connect the EAP profile without entering user name and password manually.

------------------------------
    Hemanth SatyaKumar

• 7.  RE: PEAP profile connect without manually entering username and password

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2022 10:07 AM
    This is an old thread. And please consider moving to EAP-TLS as PEAP with password is strongly deprecated because of broken encryption in the protocol.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.