Security

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

OnGuard as both Service and Agent

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  OnGuard as both Service and Agent

Posted Feb 28, 2019 03:34 PM

I recently changed OnGuard to run as a servicse and agent.

I have noticed that since this change was implemented the Live monitoring "OnGuard Activity" only shows 760 users whereas before the change, this was around 20,000.  Is this normal?  The agent appears to be working properly on the individual systems and posture checks are showing in Clearpass tracker.  I searched for my own MAC in the OnGuard list, but it is not longer there.  We are running version 6.6.10

• 2.  RE: OnGuard as both Service and Agent

Posted Sep 09, 2022 01:04 PM
    Hi,

760 x 24 hours is 18,240. 20,000 / 760 = 26. 

I'd bet each record is for the current authentication. If run as a service, a user (the host MAC) is "still logged in", so it will show only 1 for that MAC, not 24 (if you reauth every hour).

Maybe?

-Ambi

------------------------------
    Ambidexter

• 3.  RE: OnGuard as both Service and Agent

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2022 08:58 AM
    Ambidexter, you responded to a very old post. There is a good chance the original question is not relevant anymore.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.