Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest for Wired problem

This thread has been viewed 39 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest for Wired problem

Posted Jan 07, 2019 10:30 AM
      |   view attached

I'm trying guest captive portal for wired. I have created a self-registration portal, with login options parameters "HPE" based on workshop document "HPE-Aruba-CPPM-Wired-Workshop-2018-Labguide". I get error when i press login after self registration " Required parameters unavailable. " Any ideas where i should look? 

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest for Wired problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 07, 2019 10:36 AM
    I’m not sure what document that is but you should follow the ClearPass Solution Guide for Wired Policy Enforcement.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest for Wired problem

Posted Jan 07, 2019 10:49 AM
      |   view attached
    Thanks Tim, i know that document, just double checked everything is as described, but the problem is the following: 1 . i open a self reg page, register myself an account 2. the account is created i see it in the cppm , but when i press login, a webauth should happen after which the policy with port bounce shoud be issued, but this webauth never happens. My setup is clean demo install, no extra configuration. What should i look next?

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Guest for Wired problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 07, 2019 11:01 AM
    Did you check the web login configuration against the wired policy enforcement doc?

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Guest for Wired problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 08, 2019 07:21 AM

I have seen this 'required parameters missing' in the past when there is a redirect happening at the edge which doesn't include the client MAC address in the redirect URL. Sometimes it helps to add ?mac=00:00:00:00:00:00 to the redirect. In your case, as it looks like you want to do server initiated captive portal, ClearPass Guest needs to know your client mac address on order to send a CoA.

What could be an issue as well is that it looks like you removed the password field in the sef-registration receipt. The password field is mandatory for logging in with the login button. If you make the password a hidden field, instead of disabled, it might work.

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Guest for Wired problem

Posted Dec 19, 2019 05:33 AM

Adding the MAC address value where is that done exactly?

I am having the same problem now, is that done on the enforcement profile that is sent back to the switch?
    Do we have an example screenshot with that MAC address value set?

• 7.  RE: ClearPass Guest for Wired problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 19, 2019 11:45 AM

You probably need to set it where you redirect the client to the ClearPass. On the client browser it will look like:

Screenshot at Dec 19 17-41-09.png

You can, if you see the error message, try to add the ?mac=00:00:00:00:00:00 in the URL to see if that is the issue. If that solves it, you should find how the client gets to the page and make sure the client MAC is added there.

• 8.  RE: ClearPass Guest for Wired problem

Posted Dec 19, 2019 11:49 AM

The below didn’t work for me, I had to specify it like this in the enforcement profile:

mac=%{Connection:Client-Mac-Address}

• 9.  RE: ClearPass Guest for Wired problem

Posted Nov 27, 2020 04:38 AM
    Hi Mindaugasru, 

I have exactly the same problem. 
    The client will be directed automatically to the self-registration portal right after the service MAC Authentication sent the Captive Portal default profile.  For that, no problem at all
    But, right after clicking log in button on the receipt page, the "Required Parameters Unavailable" message appears eventhough having all the parameters filled in on the login page. No logs in acces tracker related to WebAuth service. 

Did you manage to solve the problem ?  

Thank you 

• 10.  RE: ClearPass Guest for Wired problem

Posted Mar 25, 2021 10:22 PM
    Did you find a solution to your problem?

------------------------------
    Jorge Garcia

• 11.  RE: ClearPass Guest for Wired problem

Posted Mar 29, 2021 04:23 PM
    Did you check switch vendor settings on the ClearPass device and in Guest portal? If you leave to default Aruba it won't work for ArubaOS switches.

Gorazd Kikelj