Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

No Endpoint “Updated At” Parameter

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  No Endpoint “Updated At” Parameter

Posted Feb 05, 2020 11:12 AM

Hello Community,

I want to clean up the endpoints using Cluster-Wide Clean Up Interval. For example, I want the “Unknown endpoints cleanup interval” change to 7 days.

Excerpt from manual for “Unknown endpoints cleanup interval” :
    Specify the duration in number of days that ClearPass uses to determine when to start deleting unknown entries from the Endpoint repository.
    Unknown entries are deleted based on the last Updated At value for each Endpoint.
    For example, if this value is 7, then unknown Endpoints that do not have the Updated At value within the last 7 days (stale endpoints) are deleted.
    The default value is 0 days. This indicates that no cleanup interval is specified.

So the cleanup interval based on endpoint’s Updated At value. Althought all endpoints have “Added At”, “Last Profiled At” but there is no “Updated At” parameter therefore the clean up interval do not effect.

How do I add “Updated At” to endpoints?  My CPPM version 6.7.11

Ricoh.jpg

Best Regards!

• 2.  RE: No Endpoint "Updated At" Parameter

Posted Jan 19, 2021 10:31 AM
    Hi,
    Did you ever get an answer for this?
    Facing the same issue :-|

Cheers,

------------------------------
    Chris Gruber

• 3.  RE: No Endpoint "Updated At" Parameter

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 19, 2021 02:54 PM
    There is nothing on Attribute Menu ?

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281

• 4.  RE: No Endpoint "Updated At" Parameter

Posted Jan 19, 2021 05:44 PM
    no, especially not on what appear to be older endpoints

Chris Gruber

• 5.  RE: No Endpoint "Updated At" Parameter

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2021 05:35 AM
    Internally the field displayed as 'Last profiled at' is known as Updated at. Documentation should be adapted, I'll bring that up internally.

If you have issues with the endpoint cleanup not working, please open a case through your partner or direct if you have access with Aruba Support to get the cleanup investigated.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 6.  RE: No Endpoint "Updated At" Parameter

Posted Jan 20, 2021 06:10 PM
    Many thanks for your input Herman, much appreciated.
    I have engaged TAC

Chris Gruber